June 13, 2022
Bearhug | Sea swim safe this summer
We all want to get in the water when the weather heats up. Lets make sure to be safe while enjoying the summer water and weather.
Top safety tips for swimming safely this summer
- Read the Signs: Read the beach safety signs and swim between flags or near lifeguards
- Swim with a Friend: Casual swimmers, always swim with at least one friend
- Tell a Friend: Experienced solo swimmers, tell someone where you are going and when you will be back
- Be Sea Smart: Wear protective gear like swim gloves, boots, hats, wetsuits. Use a swim buoy that is fully inflated and brightly coloured
- Stay Hydrated: Drink before and after you swim, replace fluid lost to sweat & heat. Don't wait for extreme thirst to drink
- Cold Water: Avoid staying in colder water for extended periods. Know your limits, you have nothing to prove!
- Sun Protection: Don't forget waterproof sun protection. The reflection from the water will burn you quicker than on land
Embrace The Wide!